Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back from Vacation!

Wow, it has been a while since I have been on here. I just get so distracted, you know?

I am slipping again. Big surprise. My dream lifestyle is still a work in progress.

Here are some things I have gotten better at:
-Eating veggies for breakfast. On Monday I had spinach salad and one cup of a berry, orange, chocolate and flaxseed smoothie I prepmade and froze on Sunday.
-I premade enough smoothies for breakfast for 7 days!
-I haven't had meat since Saturday. I am trying to only eat meat if I really feel like it when I am out with either Rick or friends.
-I am trying to refrain from snacking, especially while at work. I think it has been about 2 or 3 weeks since I have purchased anything from the vending machine! Woot! I try to limit my eating to between 6am and 7am, 11am and noon and 6pm to 7pm. Dr. Fuhrman from Eat for Health suggests only eating 3 times a day so that you give your body time to digest the food and then reduce your fat cells for extra fuel it needs.

Here are some things I need to work on:
-Working out consistently. I was ready to hit the gym on Monday and then gave myself heat sickness by walking for 1/2 hour from work to the store with only a cup of water. I slept from 4:30pm til 6am the next morning. To make matters worse, Rick came home sick around 6 that same night. We were both a pretty sorry sight to see. I tried to go workout on Tuesday, but Rick said I should hold off since I got so sick on Monday.
-Money! I only paid $750 to my student loans last month. That's almost $1000 less than I wanted to pay.

What am I going to do about it? Here's the plan:
-Switch to cash instead of using my debit card. Keep track of receipts. I found a handy new app called Receipts by proximiant. I think I can upload rewards cards onto there too.
-I am going to cancel my gym membership. I haven't gone in about a month. I find it hard to get there by myself, since I don't have a car, and my gym partner has been too busy to go with me for a while. Rick and I are going to convert the storage shed in the driveway into a little workout area. All my gym stuff is out there already, so why not. That will save about $65/month between the two of us. If I really get the hankering for another gym thing, there is a gym down the road, much closer to my house for about $10/month instead of $30/mth.
-Oh, the storage gym thing. I'm going to use bodyrock and zuzkalight exercises plus jumprope and running.
-Margie, Rick's mom, and I are trying to cut down on our food costs. For some reason we end up throwing about a quarter of the food away because we just don't eat everything we buy.

A vacation update:
Our friends Josh and K just got married on the 4th! Rick was the officiant and I was a bridesmaid. We took vacation from the 6th-10th to go camping with them as part of their honeymoon. We found this great little spot off a highway that was very secluded and right next to a little river. We had a blast exploring the very cold river and building campfires. It turns out that I am actually really good at cooking over a campfire. We only stayed one night, but for dinner the boys had Fred Meyer deli steaks that were pre-seasoned, plus some hot dogs. I got an A for that. My smore's were a hit. HINT: the trick is to melt the chocolate while toasting the marshmallow. ;) The next morning we made scrambled egg, bacon and cheese bagel sandwiches.

Unfortunately, I'm not very good at the actual camping thing. I accidentally brought a junior sized tent instead of an adult tent. I am on my tablet right now, but I will try and link the picture later. It was pretty funny. Our air mattress (Rick's, more than mine. I think camping means sleeping on the ground, thanks) didn't quite fit inside the bitty tent.

We did a lot of going out for dinner and seeing movies. Rick and I saw the Campaign with another friend on Friday. FUNNY! I want to see it again.

We went surfing on Saturday. Well, I went surfing with K and a new friend, P. K didn't care too much for it after about an hour, but P and I were out there for 3-4 hours. I got up on my knees and once even managed to get to my feet for about a second before bailing off the side. We all got sunburned very badly. I'm surprised by how sunny it actually managed to get that day! Surfing was so much fun I can't wait to go again!

A work update:
I was approached today about become a team lead for the claims department. We have a shortage of people to answer questions when the supervisors are in meetings or busy doing work of their own. I think I will be answering questions or handling special projects that the supervisors don't have time for. Training starts on friday! I'm excited!

Follow me on instagram @ginyaiba! I'll post pics of my meals and other fun stuff there!

No comments:

Post a Comment