Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Menu Monday

Shopping list


I am focusing on soups this week in honor of fall and my new lunch crock!


My menu for the week:


These are all adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Navy Bean Soup
Mulligatawny
Classic Beef and Barley Soup

So far I have only adapted the Beef and Barley Soup, so I will list that one.

1/2 a package of Seitan
1/2 cup hulled barley
5 cups water (next time I might use fresh vegetable juice instead of water)
2 carrots, chopped large
1/2 onion, chopped large
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup Mukimame beans
1 cup sliced mushrooms
A few pinches of:
Salt
Fennel Seeds
Pepper

I threw all of the above into a crock pot on high until the carrots were tender. The next day I heated it in my lunch crock. Unfortunately, I only now realized I forgot to add the barley, so that soup is back in the crock pot with barley in to soak up the extra water.

...I'm a new cook. Leave me alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment