Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting Ready to Move Part 1

Rick and I are moving to Wyoming in June.

Boy. Just saying that makes me nervous!

The Long-Run Plan:

  • Rick is going to be staying permanently in Wyoming while I will come back next fall to finish out school, then I will stay in Wyoming with him starting March 2011. We are hoping to stay there for 2-4 years in order to save up for a sailboat, either a Seawolf or a Bavaria and to pay off my student loans. 
  • Hopefully we can afford to renovate my mom's trailer, which she, her husband and my 3 siblings all lived in for 5 months when they first moved out to Wyoming. (She runs the blog over at Real Food for Less Money, so check her out!) We don't mind living in a small space, obviously as we plan to live in a sailboat.
What Needs to Be Done:

  • Rick's '66 Mustang needs to be painted inside and out, and have everything replaced that has been torn out (seats, dash, steering wheel, quarter panels).
    • At the moment it looks something like this, though it's just a pic I found on the internet.

    • What we want it to look like



    • Get rid of all we can via garage sale. We already had one two weekends ago and made about $200. However, we still have about 5 tables worth of stuff to chuck.
    • Decide what large items need to go to Wyoming and how to fit all of that stuff in just the Mustang to get over to Wyoming.
      • Small fridge
      • TV
      • Printer
      • Bike
    • Get rid of what we don't need, donate and give what we can to people we know.
      • I remarked to my roommate last night that I'm surprised at how much stuff I have to get rid of! I've been slowly donating things since I moved over to Monmouth.
      • I have a lot of art supplies that I would just love to give to my sister Lulu as soon as possible, because she loves art, but I have another art class I have to take next year so I have to hang on to it still. :(
      • At the beginning of the year I probably had about 8 purses, 5 pairs of high heels and around 100 items of hanging clothing like shirts, skirts and sweaters. I am now down to 2 purses, 1 for regular use and one for fancy use, and one pair of heels, which will be retired soon because they don't show wear very well, and probably about 50 items of clothing including folded stuff.  
        • I've done pretty well at getting rid of stuff! I still need to work on my stationery supply and my nail polishes.
      • Almost all of my books are gone. I now have a tiny library of 22 digital books stocked securely on the internet.
    • Figure out how to get the cats over there too...
    • Sell my car, a 2002 Kia Rio. 

    Of course, I also have school commitments that I have to finish before I can really focus on moving over there. 

    Luckily Rick has been really on top of the moving situation and is especially talented at lighting a fire under my bum and getting me motivated too.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment